A lot of people seem to be very confused when it comes to typing.
- Typing is copying what you see from a document, could be handwriting, could be a pdf etc.
- Formatting of documents: checking the layout, styles, presentation, organising a document to look good, placing the document into manuscript formatting for academic documents e.g. APA, Harvard MLA etc .
- Word Processing can include spreadsheets, graphics, databases, desktop publishing, tables, diagrams, formatting, layout etc.
- Transcription is not classed as typing, you listen to the file and then you transcribe it into a document, there is more skills involved, grammar, listening, sentence construction etc.
These tasks and skills come with difference prices/rates:
- Copy Typing: per page rate
- Formatting, hourly rate
- Word processing, per page or hourly, often dependent on the content and what is involved.
- Transcription: per audio minute, audio hour or hourly rate
With all of these tasks proofreading must be done before sending your work back to the client.
If you like this small article, please share. If you would like to read my other articles please go to my blog at Blog